What is 1984?
A book written by George Orwell in 1948, the title is simply derived from flipping the last 2 digits of the year it was written (1948/1984) and has nothing to do with when it is all supposed to take place. The book is mostly used to show the governments ability to control what you think simply by simplifying language. For example instead of bad there is only ungood. This stops society from thinking and only obeys what the government wants it to. And if you pay attention to the evening news you may notice this slowly happening when they talk about things and you have no idea what they mean.
1984 is a masterpiece in literature and also is considered a great warning to all societys if you believe everything you see on tv or hear on the radio.
A good book written by George Orwell in 1948. It is about someone who tries to rebel against an extremely fascist government, and is captured, tortured, and brainwashed until he himself becomes a follower of the government. It shows what the people of 1948 thought the future might be like if the Axis powers had defeated the Allies in World War 2.
By the way, it actually does take place in 1984, and it says that quite a few times in the book. It's not just because it's the last two digits of 1948 backwards, although that might have been why he chose that year.
In the year 1984 we will all be shouting "All hail Big Brother!!!"
1984 (verb) - Anything that a government does to control people, brainwash people, or take away their rights.
"George Bush 1984s people into making them vote for him"
1. A novel written by George Orwell about the excesses of an authoritarian government.
2. The process of removing pictures, phone numbers and all objects linked to an ex from your life after a break up.
1. 1984 had a lot to say about the excesses of Stalinist Russia.
2. Boys, get the lighter fluid. I'm 1984ing that bitch out of my life.
1. a classic
2. adjective to describe something as "totalitarian", "
3. a hit album by
4. a song by
1. 1984 is an English literature classic. It's message still holds true today.
2. that TV news broadcast is so 1984!
3. "Jump", "I'll Wait", "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher" are the hits from Van Halen's 1984 album.
4. in 1984,
Tina Turnercovered David Bowie's "1984".
Best book in existence,besides the Bible
1984 is an uber awesome book that everyone should read.
whats happening before our very eyes.
barack obama/ george bush...both are fear mongering...one using the "economy" and the other one using "terrorists". these scare tactics were shoved into americas minds through television propaganda similar to 1984, controlled by the new world order..they were merely puppets to an elite few